We were recently on Good Things Utah talking about one of our favorite styling accessories: books! They are one of our favorite styling essentials as they bring in so much personality, color, and interest when you use them to decorate around your home! They work in any space and literally come in any subject so there’s no reason NOT to add them to coffee tables, nightstands, entry consoles, side tables, kitchen shelves, and really all throughout the house.
Selecting books by room:
We love displaying foodie books and cook books. They are functional, beautiful, and inspiring. Here are some of our favorites:
Look for books that match the style and aesthetic of your space. Include a variety of titles on different subjects.
Whether it’s a coffee table, entry table, or night stand, adding a book or two will act as both a visual appeal AND a conversation starter. We recommend oversized books with bold titles.
Book Styling Tips
Strength in numbers!
- Stack several books on tables. When in doubt, odd numbers work great!
- Start with your largest book at the bottom for stability. Stack another 2 to 4 books on top.
- Add decor on top of the books such as a candle, faux plant, vase or marble coasters.
Accessorize with additional items to create visual depth and interest:
- Vase with florals
- Faux greens
- Picture Frames
SHOP some of our favorite styling accessories HERE.
Read the rainbow:
- Tie in or emphasize color pops by simply adding a book or two!
- You can create a monochromatic look by adding multiple shades of the same hue in a stack, or keeping it simple with all black or all white.
- Organize books in shelves by grouping like colored bindings to create a color spectrum.
Watch the full Good Things Utah segment HERE!