“The earth is what we all have in common.” -Wendell Berry
Two Summers ago we celebrated 50 years of LEE industries with a #travelingchair campaign. We took one of our favorite styles (the 1293-01 model, to be exact) to some of our favorite spots in Utah. Our last stop of the day was our beloved Sundance Mountain in Provo Canyon. Sundance is best known for it’s movie festival, and founding father: Robert Redford (who named the ski resort after his role in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid). To us, Sundance is a hop and skip away and has become a home away from home. We love to visit for company dinners (we recommend the Brussel sprouts and “mountain cooler” at the Foundry Grill), winter ski competitions, and summer hikes.
It was especially fitting to take our favorite LEE industries chair to the great outdoors seeing and LEE industries has a long standing commitment to environmentally sound and earth-friendly practices by making choices that impact us both now and in the future. Here are just some of the amazing things LEE has done:
- LEE has donated over 142,515 trees to American Forests through sales of naturalLEE.
- The features of naturalLEE save 64 gallons of crude oil per day -this equals 28 trips around the world in one year!
- Just one back cushion uses 116 recycled plastic bottles.
- Over 95% of all manufacturing waste is recycled. In 2007 alone, LEE Industries recycled 41,280 pounds of plastic; 141,060 pounds of fabric and upholstery material; 145,600 pounds of cardboard; 13,116 pounds of cotton; and 10,020 pounds of plastic bottles, aluminum cans and paper.
- LEE continues to incorporate new technologies to maximize fabric and leather yields.
- LEE requires all vendors to have a Code of Conduct and adhere to those policies.
We are so proud to partner with LEE industries in their commitment to earth-kind practices.
Happy Earth day from our Gatehouse Family to you!