We know the feeling: You take down all your Holiday Decor, look around, and it just feels…empty. Which is why we waste no time in starting the year off with gorgeous blooms! We visited Good Things Utah today and talked about incorporating florals into your home to spruce up any space! See the feature here: Going Green, GH and Good Things Utah.
Gatehouse Tips for GOING GREEN
- Lifelike plants and trees
- If you don’t like the pot, put it in a basket
- Favorite species of indoor trees include fiddle leaf figs, olive trees and other broad leaf varieties
- Favorite plants include succulents, grasses, and eucalyptus
- Add single stems of greens to a container for an easy arrangement for countertops and coffee tables and easy to change out with the seasons or even refill with fresh flowers occasionally as well
This is the time of year that we want to start seeing flowers growing outside but since it will be a while before that happens, lets bring the sunshine and color we are craving by bringing spring inside with florals.
Trends in adding florals to your home:
- Finished pieces that look lifelike including acrylic “water.” Makes fresh florals look like fresh cut stems
- Create your own with single stems. Favorites include any blossoms but especially peonies and anemones
- Create your own combining greens and florals as well as bringing in some of the other favorite trends of 2019 where one of the trends is combing several trends together in unison like bringing in natural and organic elements through pots, baskets and containers
- Bring in more color and florals through other elements such as pillows, decorative objects like vases and wallpapers
“The Key is Quality Materials and Mixing and Matching!”
Our showroom is fully stocked with the highest quality blooms and botanicals. Hurry in for the best selection! And don’t forget to follow us on instagram and enter our Fiddle Leaf Fig & Giftcard GIVEAWAY! @gatehouseno1