The transition to sunny and warm summer days gets us in the mood to lighten and brighten inside and out of our homes. Sometimes, this isn’t the easiest thing to do on-the-fly, so we are here to share 5 tips on how to update your home and porch for the summer season!
1. BEDDING- Incorporate lighter fabrics, linens, and colors throughout the room. This master bedroom from our 2019 Utah Valley Parade Home is one of our favorites to show off. It evokes so much relaxation and happy, summer feels.
2. RUGS- Refreshing your rugs, both indoor & outdoor is a quick way to update your home and porch for the warm summer season. Bring in fresh colors or a pretty summer neutral to complete the look!
3. PILLOWS- There is no better way to update a space than by switching out the pillows! This doesn’t only have to be around holidays, it can also be for each new season! Summer time is a wonderful time to make the switch!
4. LANTERNS/CANDLES- Adding a lantern to your porch or deck can be just the touch you are looking for! These are our favorite additions, especially on warm, summer nights! To spruce up the inside of your home, add a fresh, citrus scented candle! Our personal favorite: Capri Blue, Volcano!
5. FLORALS & TREES- Add some beautiful faux florals, stems, greens, & trees. By replacing your winter & fall stems with color and greenery, you immediately add summer into your home!